Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

LOVE

Last night I had a chance to watch once again the program Love in Asia, on KBS World, a Korean channel. It is actually a story of Koreans who is married to a South East Asian wife. Somehow the wives are already fluent in speaking in Hangul, the Korean native language, when their story is featured in the program.


I was touched when they tell their story on how they had endured to adopt the culture of their husband. Their struggle in dealing with their in-laws and the number one hindrance is the communication because they don’t speak their language at that time. There is also a segment in the program that the couple together with their kids is given a chance to visit the wife’s native country. This is the most touching moment because the woman who’s been separated to her parent got a chance to meet them once again even for a short period of time. You can really feel the excitement in her face as they approach their village. The tight embrace given to her parents, who from her eyes suddenly got a lot older because of the long time of separation and the tears that are freely flowing from their eyes can really melts someone’s heart. It’s a joyful reunion that every family members, neighbor and friends will gather for the night to welcome her and her family.

It is also inspiring to see how the husband deals with his in-laws. This is in a way to let the husband understand how his wife had undergone such a difficulty when she is adjusting to his culture. Even though he cannot communicate with his in-laws, it is his action of love for them that do the talking and the message is well received on the other end.

I really enjoy watching this program whenever I had a chance, because my wife had that same experience of long time of separation. Her family lives in Zamboanga City, Southern part of the Philippines, while my family is in Bataan, Central region of Luzon. I remember when I first met my in-laws, that was during our wedding. I cannot forget that moment when they hug each other. Time seems to stop at that very moment. You cannot just see but feel from them that longing from each other. My wife left for Manila when she was 12 years old and after 11 years of separation they meet once again.

Through the program I can’t help but to really appreciate my wife more and more. Being alone with no other immediate family member of her own, she somehow managed to endure the hardship of dealing with in-laws. And it is all because of LOVE.

Going back to the program, once again they have shown that love really conquer every barrier, because it has no boundaries at all. And I agree with the host parting words, “I LOVE YOU, is the most beautiful words that can be utter in any language.” And to my wife let me tell you this once again, I LOVE YOU TART.

No comments:

Post a Comment