Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

TWO MONTHS NA!

During the past week I am really disappointed. This is so because my application for adsense account is again denied for the nth times. So disappointed that I told myself, I won’t make it. But I am not willing to stop from what I am doing. I just lifted it to my Heavenly Father through prayer. I told Him that I won’t stop because I am only at the beginning stage of blogging.

By the way, it’s been two months now since I started my blogging activities.

Yehey! Happy two months www.jongenese.blogspot.com

“At dahil dyan, may nagtext!” – just borrowed the line from ”Vice Ganda”. Actually I am full of inspirations today and I want to share to you my inspirations.

My first inspiration for today is this prayer from Bro. Bo Sanchez.

Yeah, that’s the text from my Heavenly Father, through Bro. Bo Sanchez. Remember, I got disappointed and I lifted my disappointment to my Heavenly Father and He replied. To top it all He replied just in time for my second month in blogging. Thank you Heavenly Father.

During my first month I have learned the basics in blogging just as I have shared in my previous post. My mentor Jomar Hilario advised me to apply for adsense account sometime after five months. But because I am so “matigas ang ulo”, I didn’t follow his advice. The result, I got denied. The effect, I got disappointed not only once but since I tried five times, I got disappointed five times as well. But those setbacks only fueled my desire to do more and continue to learn my lessons.

What lesson I have learned from this. I learned that I don’t have to do the short cuts. I may be too eager in achieving my goals, but there is still a long way to go. Now I know that my Heavenly Father wants me to go not the long way or to take the short cut, but the normal way. Why? Because He doesn’t want me to miss the experience that I can gain should I do the short cuts. He also doesn’t want me to endure too much should I go the long way. Just the normal way, in order for me to feel and experience everything that He prepares for me along the road. Simply put, He doesn’t want me to miss a thing.


My second inspiration is Bro. Bo Sanchez will be conducting a How to Become Truly Rich Seminar on Nov. 13, 2010. I know I will not be able to attend to that seminar because I am out of the country. So why I am so inspired about that? I will let you discover the reason here.

My third inspiration is when I discovered the website of KaBlogs. They have a contest for OFW bloggers. My first impression is I will join the contest. I want to contribute to their theme: ”Strengthening OFW Families: Stronger Homes for a Stronger Nation”. After browsing through the website I found out that the contest has been going on since the second half of this year and they are about to announce the Top 10 finalist on October 31, 2010. I am already late for this years’ contest and there is one more reason why I cannot join. One of their criteria for joining is the contestant must be at least six month on the blogging world. He,he,he,he, I have to be patient and wait for the next year contest. Take the normal way Jon, no short cuts please. All I can do now is to give my support to the nominees by voting for their entry.

My fourth inspiration is the entry of Mga Kathang Isip ni Kiko. That’s why I voted for him, though you can vote for ten entries from among the nominees. But Kiko’s entry ranks number one from my personal opinion. I can relate to his experiences as an OFW. I should say I am the type of “homesikin”. I missed my famliy so much. I also experienced traveling on Christmas day. In one of my trip for a vacation in the Philippines was scheduled on Dec. 24 and I arrived home on early morning of Dec. 26.

Here are the other nine nominees that I voted. Batang Gala, B’log ang Mundo, Gumamela sa Paraiso, Jethro’s Hangout, Yellow Bells, The Journey of the Prodigal Daughter, Rainbow Box, Baul ni Noel, Stay at Home Blessings and Carnation, Life is Beautiful. To all the nominees I wish them good luck. Your contribution to the contest is more than enough to help in strengthening the OFW families. You are already a winner in the heart of every Filipino Overseas Workers around the world.

And last but not the least, my inspiration is you, my dear reader, thank you for bearing with me along the way. I am not a writer, nor a naturally born writer. But you are still with me and I thank you for that. I would like to share this quote with you.

“Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.”

There’s so much to learn in this world of blogging, and I want you to walk beside me. Let’s learn the lessons together.

Have a nice day and God bless…

6 comments:

  1. wow thank you po! :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome...
    kahit sino manalo sa inyo, sa pananaw ng mga OFW lahat kayo ay panalo...
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is nice :)

    i also put your blog on my blogroll

    http://bit.ly/UnnamedPsalmist

    ReplyDelete
  4. @unnamed Psalmist,

    Thank you very much din.
    And goodluck sa blog at photo entry mo.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete