Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

When someone's praying for you

There are numerous times that I received a request from a friend of mine asking me to include them in my prayers. My answer to them is always a, “Yes I will”. Even my wife asks me more than a couple of time to pray for something in which I did so willingly.


I have to admit that I am not strong when it comes to prayer. This is one aspect of my life that I need to develop. It is because whenever I pray, I got a lot of destruction. There are a lot of things that pops out in my mind during prayer. I also tried praying without closing my eyes and I found out that there’s less destruction. Those things that keep on popping out in my mind are all gone. The only destructions are the things around me but somehow I can manage to control some of them during my prayer. I also pray in a manner that as if I am just talking to a person beside me. In this way I can express a lot more things that I need to pray for.

As I see it personally, prayer is like a skill within our self that needs honing. We need to make it a habit to pray every day. It is through prayer that we can voice out to our Heavenly Father even our inner most desire.

It is also a delightful experience whenever I am hearing testimonies of answered prayer. It is a proof that God listens to our prayer and He grants our request. But the most wonderful feeling is when I have learned that someone is praying for me. I cannot express the feeling when I read the passage below:

Dear jon,

Thank God for your loved ones this Sunday.



Praying for you,



Bo Sanchez



That simple phrase above sends an overwhelming feeling inside of me. I felt the strength to move forward and give me hope for the day. I started to feel this way when I joined the Kerygma family of Bro. Bo Sanchez. They are sending inspiration on a daily basis to my email account together with prayer. This prayer, even in its simplest form, really touched my heart and I know it’s the same thing with anyone else. It’s a wonderful feeling to know that someone is praying for you every day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment